1. Understanding the basic principles of programming.
2. Acquiring the ability to read and understand the code.
3. Understanding the basic structures used in programming.
4. Understanding VBA error types and how to avoid them.
5. Getting daily work, ready to use procedures.
This course is for people who want to learn how to automate the basic work done in MS Excel and gain basic knowledge necessary for further development of VBA programming skills.
Macros - automation tasks in sheets
• Recording and running macros
• Different type of Triggers
Editing and Managing VBA code
• VBA editor
• VBA modules
• Archiving, exporting and importing VBA code
• Modifying the VBA code
• Colours in the VBA code
Introduction to Programming
• Procedures and Functions
• VBA Data Types
• Immediate window
• Text functions
Conditional instructions and loops
• If ... Then ... Else, If ... Else ... End If
• Select Case
• For ... Next
• For Each ... In ... Next
• Do ... Loop and Do While
VBA in MS Excel sheets
• Objects in sheets
• Properties and methods
• Object hierarchy (Application, Workbook, Worksheet, Cell)
• Basic object programming syntax
• Classes and collections
Cell and Range objects
• ActiveCell object methods and properties
• Cell and range references
Getting data from the user
• InputBox and Msgbox
• Data type conversion functions
After completing the course, participants will know how to:
• automate their tasks in MS Excel worksheets,
• automate data validation and calculations
• automate data processing